What's it all about?

Fast approaching 30 I've fallen in to teaching, a career though championed by many amongst my friends and family, I've tried desperately to avoid. Worse still I appear to have missed the heyday when students were keen and wages were plenty. Having left city-life behind to support my partner through a prolonged recovery from cancer, it's clear I've become isolated, not only from my old life, but from the future I hoped it would lead to...

There must be more to life than this..?


Friday, January 21, 2011

Non-Moan no.2 (Week 3)

Corners of congregation...
It’s Friday and of course I’m thrilled it’s the weekend! I don’t have to plough my way through the seven gates of hell in order to suffer the drudgery that is my job! I had to go to the supermarket to pick up some chicken and ingredients for curry. I hate to portray myself as some grumpy sod, aged beyond my years, but what the heck is up with people standing on the corners of aisles to chatter?
It means that whilst I’m attempting to steer my trolley with the dodgy wheel, that I inevitably ALWAYS end up with, and that wants me to slam the elderly couple to my right in to shelves of tinned, chopped tomatoes, that when I come to the end of the aisle I have to walk those extra few feet around them.

Only people on the opposite and parallel aisles are also doing the same, not even trying to tuck themselves in out of the way! It ends up seeming like some Krypton Factor-esque assault course just to get from one aisle to another without knocking anyone over, which by the way I struggle to stop myself doing for my own amusement at the best of times!
Anyway, I’m not moaning...
Trolley rage
Trolley rage is the common name for a heightened level of anger and frustration while in a supermarket or shop of any kind.

3 comments:

Nitecruzr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nitecruzr said...

What I hate are the asswits who park their cart in the middle of the aisle, and go off wandering around the store with their cart blocking traffic. Then they get pissy if they catch you moving the cart,

Drew Benn said...

Haha! I know the type!

Post a Comment